New website > comments, bugs etc

ImageImageHere you will find messages from the Scramble Administration and Editorial Team. Please read them! You can also leave any comments or suggestions about this Message Board, the Scramble website or the magazine.

Forum rules
ImageImage
Post Reply
User avatar
KIER
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 738
Joined: 22 Sep 2002, 10:32

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by KIER »

Search function in the USN Database ( maybe all, I don't know) doesn't work.

I have logged in and when filling in 165 for serial , no records are found.



Kier
User avatar
KIER
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 738
Joined: 22 Sep 2002, 10:32

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by KIER »

As I see, the integration of the forum into the new website is not ready , it should be easier to make the 4 buttons above the forum clickable instead of being not and staying trapped at the forum page. :D :D :D


Kier
wamovements
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1894
Joined: 14 Jun 2007, 20:50
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: wamovements

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by wamovements »

KIER wrote:Search function in the USN Database ( maybe all, I don't know) doesn't work.

I have logged in and when filling in 165 for serial , no records are found.



Kier
Try '165%' iso '165' :-)
User avatar
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Posts: 5021
Joined: 10 Feb 2003, 13:42
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Thijs
Location: West Intercourse Island
Contact:

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by Thijs »

KIER wrote:As I see, the integration of the forum into the new website is not ready , it should be easier to make the 4 buttons above the forum clickable instead of being not and staying trapped at the forum page. :D :D :D


Kier
We are working on that part. Should be fixed at the end of the day.

To make things more easy and all comments together merged this with the already existing topic.

Thijs

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
User avatar
KIER
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 738
Joined: 22 Sep 2002, 10:32

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by KIER »

wamovements wrote:
KIER wrote:Search function in the USN Database ( maybe all, I don't know) doesn't work.

I have logged in and when filling in 165 for serial , no records are found.



Kier
Try '165%' iso '165' :-)
that was never the way before , so if it is now , then it should be placed as a notice at the database pages.


Kier
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 100022
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 13:22
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Mark
Contact:

Re: NEW SCRAMBLE WEBSITE

Post by Mark »

KIER wrote:
wamovements wrote:
KIER wrote:Search function in the USN Database ( maybe all, I don't know) doesn't work.

I have logged in and when filling in 165 for serial , no records are found.



Kier
Try '165%' iso '165' :-)
that was never the way before , so if it is now , then it should be placed as a notice at the database pages.


Kier
Quoting from the database search page, just below the search boxes:
"The aircraft serial and constructionnumber are initially searched as an exact match but wildcards (*,?) are allowed. Wildcards are also possible in all other fields."

The reason we implemented it this way is to make it possible to search for short serials like '1', etc. without hitting the search limit.
Last edited by Mark on 26 Dec 2012, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 100022
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 13:22
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Mark
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Mark »

efa78 wrote:no acce,no acces,no acess, white in not correct for me!!!!!!!!! i pay scramble magzine, white not connect???
I've just activated your account, should work now.
Koen L
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 698
Joined: 06 Apr 2005, 00:50
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Koen L
Location: Superbase Eindhoven

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Koen L »

Great job on the new site and forum! Only nitpick I have is that I have to log in every time I visit the http://www.scramblemagazine.nl/ mainpage. There is no box to tick to remember my details. On the forum itself there are no issues.

Koen
User avatar
Thijs
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Posts: 5021
Joined: 10 Feb 2003, 13:42
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Thijs
Location: West Intercourse Island
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Thijs »

Koen L wrote:Great job on the new site and forum! Only nitpick I have is that I have to log in every time I visit the http://www.scramblemagazine.nl/ mainpage. There is no box to tick to remember my details. On the forum itself there are no issues.

Koen
We will work on this in a next version. Thanks for the remark.

Thijs

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Assume makes an ASS of U and ME.
User avatar
Stratofreighter
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Posts: 20022
Joined: 25 Jan 2006, 08:02
Location: Netherlands

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Stratofreighter »

Mark wrote:
efa78 wrote:no acce,no acces,no acess, white in not correct for me!!!!!!!!! i pay scramble magzine, white not connect???
I've just activated your account, should work now.
Just try again to log in efa78...

Kudos to all unpaid volunteers working behind the scenes on a Christmas evening! :thumb:
:roll: :loud: :|
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 100022
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 13:22
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Mark
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Mark »

efa78 wrote:I tried not go nowhere, does not work as I write it is now that I feel!
Please stop spamming the board (also on my mail) I already contaced you in private. Don't expect an answer within 5 minutes, it is Christmas as you might know and we are not stuck behind a computer the whole night...
Mad Viper
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard
Posts: 743
Joined: 20 May 2006, 21:32
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Mad Viper »

Site looks great. Only the linking at "latest changes" doesn't work well. If I click on an airfield guide from for example Forth Smith I get the main page of the airfield guides. Is this just becausethe site is freshly changed and the kinks need to be ironed out or a glitch?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Cheers, Michel
User avatar
DJMikey
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1105
Joined: 26 Jun 2003, 16:48
Location: Den Bosch, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by DJMikey »

Hi guys,

I always appreciate volunteers doing good work to keep their members happy. Thanks for that!
In this case I'm not a big fan of the chosen changes made to the scramblesite, color- and classificationwise. I feel it's too playful, not 'slick' enough. But hey, that's just a matter of taste. Most important to me is that things work and they seem to.
One question though, and I don't know if this is adressed already. If so, sorry. My thing is that I have to log in at the homesite and again in the forumsection. Also have to log in again when I hit the previous button. To me it's better when you can stay logged in untill you log out or leave the site. To close up with a compliment: nice one to exit the extra login at the databasesection ;)

Greets and happy holidays.
Mike Schoenmaker
Vice-president / Activities / PR
KNVOL, region Noord-Brabant / Noord Limburg
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 100022
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 13:22
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Mark
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Mark »

DJMikey wrote:Hi guys,

I always appreciate volunteers doing good work to keep their members happy. Thanks for that!
In this case I'm not a big fan of the chosen changes made to the scramblesite, color- and classificationwise. I feel it's too playful, not 'slick' enough. But hey, that's just a matter of taste. Most important to me is that things work and they seem to.
One question though, and I don't know if this is adressed already. If so, sorry. My thing is that I have to log in at the homesite and again in the forumsection. Also have to log in again when I hit the previous button. To me it's better when you can stay logged in untill you log out or leave the site. To close up with a compliment: nice one to exit the extra login at the databasesection ;)

Greets and happy holidays.
The single sign-on between forum and site will be working soon, some minor issues on that but we're working on it.
Groetjes/Regards,
Mark

Editor Scramble Magazine / Website
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 100022
Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 13:22
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Mark
Contact:

Re: New website > comments, bugs etc

Post by Mark »

Mad Viper wrote:Site looks great. Only the linking at "latest changes" doesn't work well. If I click on an airfield guide from for example Forth Smith I get the main page of the airfield guides. Is this just becausethe site is freshly changed and the kinks need to be ironed out or a glitch?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Ok, fixed as well, you go to the airport directly now.
Groetjes/Regards,
Mark

Editor Scramble Magazine / Website
Post Reply