ETAD 23-08-2018

ImageThe forum for all movements and news about Spangdahlem Air Base.

Forum rules
ImageMode S / SBS and radio logs, airfield specific, are allowed, but always state your source, mode S / SBS or air traffic conversations. These logs can be placed in the "day topic" so a separate Mode S / SBS radio log is not necessary
Post Reply
Kilo Bravo
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Posts: 89
Joined: 13 May 2010, 21:38
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: yes

ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Kilo Bravo »

Yesterday 22-8 at the fence in Spangdahlem I heard the rumour that the Raptors will leave next tuesday. On saturday and sunday two aircraft will fly tot the Radom airshow. They just will make some passes and return to Spangdahlem. This all means that tomorrow will probably be the last opportunity to see them in full action...... So my advise is: go and get them before it's too late.

Grtz
Kees
User avatar
Venz
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Posts: 340
Joined: 06 Sep 2002, 17:27
Type of spotter: Retired type of spotter, but mostly photos.
Location: Gilze-Rijen AB.

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Venz »

If the rumour is correct: What is the "usual" departure time from Spang when deployments return to CONUS?
User avatar
Polleke_NL
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1820
Joined: 06 Apr 2004, 10:35
Type of spotter: photography (military only)
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Ruud van Haaster
Location: EHAM
Contact:

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Polleke_NL »

Kilo Bravo wrote:Yesterday 22-8 at the fence in Spangdahlem I heard the rumour that the Raptors will leave next tuesday. On saturday and sunday two aircraft will fly tot the Radom airshow. They just will make some passes and return to Spangdahlem. This all means that tomorrow will probably be the last opportunity to see them in full action...... So my advise is: go and get them before it's too late.

Grtz
Kees
It seems no Raptors will participate in the Radom Air Show..
Ruud
roberto
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1767
Joined: 03 Oct 2002, 14:48
Location: Leeuwarden

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by roberto »

At this moment Raptors are in the Dutch Delta's, fighting with F16's from Leeuwarden, Volkel and Florennes.
Callsigns heard are Rogue and Angry flight
User avatar
Arjan
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Posts: 2660
Joined: 20 Sep 2002, 22:51
Type of spotter: S4
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Yes
Location: Duindorp

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Arjan »

Given the way the USAF is participating with the eastern partners of the NATO in the recent past it is certainly not unlikely that there will be a fly past of Raptors. Rumours are strong but in the end with no confirmation it simply can't be said they will be there, but it will not surprise me if they show up. We'll see what happens saturday.
Scramble member since 1990
User avatar
Bunzing
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 233
Joined: 15 Nov 2015, 19:20
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Yes

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Bunzing »

Well, let's get back to topic: here's a list of aircraft that were noted this day:

F-22A 325FW/95FS:
04-4079/TY
05-4088/TY
05-4089/TY
05-4091/TY
05-4094/TY
05-4095/TY '95FS'
05-4099/TY
05-4101/TY
05-4104/TY

F-16CM 52FW/480FS:
90-0813/SP
90-0818/SP
90-0833/SP
91-0338/SP
91-0342/SP
91-0343/SP
91-0344/SP
91-0352/SP '52FW'
91-0358/SP
91-0403/SP
91-0407/SP
91-0418/SP

F-16DM 52FW/480FS:
91-0481/SP

E-3A NAEW&CF:
LX-N90446

8 Raptor flew in the morning, roughly between 0815 and 1150 LT. All 13 F-16s mentioned flew in the morning as well.
Between about 1615 and 1745 LT again 8 F-22s, plus 10 F-16s.
Between 1927 and 2010 LT, 6 F-22s flew a third, relatively short mission. No F-16s in the evening.
The E-3A made three approaches between 1355 and 1418 LT.
ypenburg63
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 201
Joined: 05 Oct 2009, 00:54
Type of spotter: F1

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by ypenburg63 »

Anyone for the callsigns of these F-22s of today?

Thanks,

R.
Wolbie
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1390
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 21:00
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nee
Location: Amersfoort NL

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Wolbie »

Bunzing wrote:Well, let's get back to topic: here's a list of aircraft that were noted this day:

F-22A 325FW/95FS:
04-4079/TY
05-4088/TY
05-4089/TY
05-4091/TY
05-4094/TY
05-4095/TY '95FS'
05-4099/TY
05-4101/TY
05-4104/TY

F-16CM 52FW/480FS:
90-0813/SP
90-0818/SP
90-0833/SP
91-0338/SP
91-0342/SP
91-0343/SP
91-0344/SP
91-0352/SP '52FW'
91-0358/SP
91-0403/SP
91-0407/SP
91-0418/SP

F-16DM 52FW/480FS:
91-0481/SP

E-3A NAEW&CF:
LX-N90446

8 Raptor flew in the morning, roughly between 0815 and 1150 LT. All 13 F-16s mentioned flew in the morning as well.
Between about 1615 and 1745 LT again 8 F-22s, plus 10 F-16s.
Between 1927 and 2010 LT, 6 F-22s flew a third, relatively short mission. No F-16s in the evening.
The E-3A made three approaches between 1355 and 1418 LT.

Could you specify which 8 Raptors flew in the morning? Was in take off position myself, but unfortunately can't read all Raptor serials from photo.

Cheers,
Marco
User avatar
Bunzing
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 233
Joined: 15 Nov 2015, 19:20
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: Yes

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Bunzing »

Yes Marco, the first 6 in the morning took off in this order:
088-104-091-089-095-101
I was relocating from the 05 end to the 23 end of the runway when the last 2 took off, so not sure about the order during take-off. However they returned in this order:
099-094
Wolbie
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Posts: 1390
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 21:00
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: nee
Location: Amersfoort NL

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by Wolbie »

Bunzing wrote:Yes Marco, the first 6 in the morning took off in this order:
088-104-091-089-095-101
I was relocating from the 05 end to the 23 end of the runway when the last 2 took off, so not sure about the order during take-off. However they returned in this order:
099-094
Many thanks!

Cheers,
Marco
TvanD
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior
Posts: 222
Joined: 01 May 2008, 11:49
Subscriber Scramble Magazine: TvanD

Re: ETAD 23-08-2018

Post by TvanD »

That indeed also was the order in which they took-off.
Post Reply